Your company probably has a great logo that took a lot of time and effort to come up with. But branding is so much more than just an amazing logo. It is the way that clients and customers perceive your company, each and every time an interaction occurs. It is the who, what, when, where, why and how as it pertains to your company’s internal and external communications.
Take a look at all of the interactions that potential clients and customers have with your company. Are they receiving a consistent image across all touch points?
Here are some common marketing pieces to assess in your brand consistency analysis:
- Company letterhead
- Email signatures
- Business cards
- Social media profiles
- Online and print ads
- E-newsletter templates
Questions to ask yourself as you look at each piece of your marketing puzzle:
- Is the correct logo being used? Is the size consistent?
- Are the company colours being used? Are they overshadowed by any non-company colours?
- Is the font type and size consistent?
- If images are used, do they convey a similar look and feel?
- Does marketing copy use the same “voice” throughout?
Once you have completed an analysis of the branding across your marketing pieces, the next step will be to create a branding document so that all future collateral is consistent.